Saturday, July 9, 2011

Catrice Papagena blush stick in C01 Tigerlily

It was very exciting to see the new Papagena collection at my local Kruidvat, so I immediately checked it out. Originally, I was eyeing the gold nuggets, but in reality, they are EXTREMELY shimmery, sparkly and quite dark to be honest, which I would never be able to pull off on my skin, such a shame.

I stopped myself from buying the eyeshadows, even though they looked really pretty and swatched well in the shop. It was the same for nail polishes and see-through lipstick/glosses. However, what I did get and definitely HAD to buy was a blush stick (I think it was 3,45 EUR), I did not own a blush stick before. You have a choice of orange tinge Tigerlily or pinky Bird of paradise (this had really poor pay off). Hence I bought Tigerlily.

When you swatch it, it had a nice, not too strong pigmentation, which can be an advantage in a blush, if you tend to overdo it. Unfortunaly, the application on the cheeks is pretty sheer and it gives a rather blotchy, uneven colour distribution and it is hard to build up the colour. Luckily, there is no strange smell to the product. It is so disappointing, because this collection looked so promising. Overall, I would not recommend buying neither of the blush sticks.

1 comment: