Monday, January 23, 2012

London makeup haul

Going to London is like going back to paradise, I love it so much...the people, the atmosphere, the history...and the makeup :-0 I followed Temptalia's recommendation about UK brands, but unfortunately, I was not able to get all the things I wanted, like the Sleek blush in golden rose, or 17 mousse eyeshadow or the Real Technique brushes (are they only sold online?). Anyway, I love love love MUA - Makeup Academy eyeshadows, extreme pigmentation there and I simply could not resist buying the Sleep Oh So Special palette...I know! Anyone who has ever watched Pixiwoo sisters will know of the Collection 2000 concealer, so dying to try it out! I bought everything at SuperDrug and I have to say the UK customer service is the best, when I wanted to exchange the concealer because it had been used, they did not even bat an eyelid and let me have a new one!
 

5 comments:

  1. Hi. Do you have any suggestions for make up and nailpolish shopping in Brussels?
    I'm a new follower of your blog and I'm actually going to Leuven on sunday and I'll get the opportunity to do some shopping in Brussels :-)

    Kind Regards Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca,
    Im afraid that shops in Belgium are usually closed on Sunday, but you might get lucky as this is the last Sunday of sales. For makeup and nail varnish, I recommend Kruidvat and Di stores (Essie) for highstreet, Inno and Planet Parfum (OPI nail varnish)for high end.
    Hope this helps, let me know if you need more info!
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a bit unclear I see now, I'll be in Leuven for a full week and will go in to Brussels on tuesday, wednesday or thursday. I Love Kruidvat (Catrice and Essence are my favourite brands) but I don't think I've ever been in Di. Thank you for your help.
    Btw, are there any of the Kruidvats that you think is better than the other?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya,
    I usually go to Kruidvat in Woluwe St Lambert, but you do need a car for that, the one at Porte de Namur is usually low on stock, as it is situation at a populad area. For Di, if you hit the center, there are a couple, there is a shopping galleria at DeBrouckere, you might want to check that out. My top of Catrice is the gel eyeliner in black and their lashes to kill mascara!
    Enjoy your trip :-)
    Beata

    ReplyDelete