Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Réserve Naturelle palette review

One day I was killing time before my train arrived at the infamous Gare Central, so I popped into Réserve Naturelle (bling is so attractive :-)). As a relative newbie to Brussels, I was not familiar with the shop, nor its concept, hence I succumbed to the temptation of this palette.
It was very cheap, 7,90 EUR. It comprises 18 eyeshadows, 2 blushes and 2 powders. The start was so promising, however:

All eyeshadow colours are shimmery and the payoff is pretty strong. I did not really find any use for the powders, as they are both too dark on my skin (contouring remains a mystery to me). Due to a similar problem I only ended up trying one blush.

You will notice that the palette is dirty. That is because no matter how pretty the colours in the palette are, once you start using it, the fallout is plain crazy. I do not bother anymore with cleaning and using it. Worth mentioning is also a very particular odour, something not necessarily unpleasant, but definitely very noticeable and ever-present. You've guessed this by now - do not waste your time and money on this palette.

And here is my clumsy attempt for swatches:

No comments:

Post a Comment