Saturday, February 12, 2011

Gel eyeliners review

I am crazy about gel eyeliners so imagine my excitement when I discovered they were finally available at Di and Kruidvat (Maybelline Lasting Drama). This afforable product (cca 12.99 EUR) does not fade out during the day and the colour payoff is amazing. The gel in the container has not dried up for months. The fact that is it packed together with a flat bristle dome-shaped brush makes is a perfect starter combo.
I bought a plum version in New York, I do not think it is on offer in Europe yet. :-(
L'Oreal HIP (high intensity pigments) - I bought it in blue and I am happy to report that the pigmentation is indeed rich and the colour does not botch all day long (available at http://www.allcosmeticswholesale.com/).

ESSENCE gel eyeliner in grey (Denim Wanted line)- locally available (Kruidvat), very cheap (4 EUR). The colour is long-lasting, it has nice metallic sheen to it. Unfortunately, mine dried up within days after I opened it and it is difficult to transfer it to my eyelids.

Final tip: to remove eyeliner from the brush, it is best to use two phase (normally for waterproof makeup) makeup remover soaked in a cotton pad.





No comments:

Post a Comment