Thursday, February 10, 2011

White pencils as a base - review

White pencils are a must for any makeup enthusiast. They are popular as an eyeshadow base (making the true colour of pigments really pop). Moreover, if you apply them on the waterline, your eyes will appear larger. White eyepencils are also frequently placed in the inner corner of the eye and under the brow bone, again to make your eyes look bigger and brighter.


  1. I bought NYX jumbo eyepencil in cottage cheese via an Internet shop (Boozyshop). It has a metallic sheen and it is creamy. I was very disappointed about how much it creased, even with a base on.
  2. Almay double-end pencil - the texture is similar as with NYX and I am equally unimpressed with how much it smudges when used under an eyeshadow.
  3. 2B Cosmetic jumbo eyepencil - less creamy but again a weak performer as a base. All three are perfect for the tear duct and on the brow bone.
  4. Berange Paris - bought in Cora, a very cheap pencil, I bought it originally just for my waterline. I tried it as a base as well, and it is simply stunning, the colour payoff is strong with no sheen and it did not budge at all. I recommend buying this one, as the price/quality ratio is unbeatable.
 Here are swatches (same order as above):
I chose the reddest colour in Metal Mania palette and tried it first without a base (very bottom) and then over individual swatches.


No comments:

Post a Comment