Saturday, February 12, 2011

Titanium dioxide in eyeshadows

This is just something that caught my attention when I studied the back side of my Metal Mania palette. The ingredients contain some scary-sounding things such as: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, tin oxide...Now, I am no scientist, so I googled the first one and the trusty Wikipedia says:

"Titanium dioxide, also known as titanium(IV) oxide or titania, is the naturally occurring oxide of titanium, chemical formula TiO2. When used as a pigment, it is called titanium white, Pigment White 6, or CI 77891. It has a wide range of applications, from paint to sunscreen to food colouring. When used as a food colouring, it has E number E171." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanium_dioxide)12.02.2011

I found the same ingredients in other eyeshadows as well (Maybelline, L'Oreal...), so I guess it is pretty normal and that I should not worry about everything under the Sun :-}






No comments:

Post a Comment